Adverse Childhood Experiences – ACEs 360
1) Learning Modules: Now available are two online learning modules – The ACE Study: It’s Impact and Our Opportunity and A Child Abuse Prevention Response to ACEs. The courses are free, open to the public (though registration is required), and feature Iowa-specific data and testimonials. Learners can enter and exit the courses at any time and will receive a certificate of completion at the end.
2) ACEs-Informed Projects: We have been collecting examples of how Iowa organizations and community groups have responded to The ACE Study findings. Learn more about ACEs-informed projects at www.iowaaces360.org/projects-in-iowa.html. We will be updating this section on an ongoing basis.
3) Awareness Tools: We are developing resources you can use to raise awareness of The ACE Study and your ACEs-informed work with the broader community. Currently available are press release and letter to the editor templates. In September, we expect to have a designed Iowa ACEs brochure you can download and print as needed. www.iowaaces360.org/awareness-resources.html
4) Research Briefs: Two newly released briefs summarize research on The Neurobiology of Stress and Promoting Resiliency. Find them on our ACEs Resources page here: http://www.iowaaces360.org/aces-resources.html.
5) Policy Updates: We are excited to announce that the Iowa Legislature approved $50,000 to continue the collection of ACEs data in 2015. In addition, an increase of $300,000 was approved for the 1st Five Healthy Mental Development Initiative.