Foundation session increases awareness of the common causes of attachment problems, symptoms and behaviors associated with problematic attachment, and basic assessment skills. Provides an understanding in order to better refer to services, support permanency planning, and work toward the goals in the client’s case plan. Practical application session reviews an overview of common causes and focuses on responding to behaviors that youth with this diagnosis exhibit.
The Origins of Attachment Theory – with Dr. Bowlby and Dr. Ainsworth
- Gives history of two of the principle people behind current attachment theory
Handbook for Treatment of Attachment-Trauma in Children
- Book referenced in training – good source of foundational information
- Some of the latest information on attachment issues – newletter
- A Child’s Journey through Placement – Vera Fahlberg
- For those that work in this field – an excellent book to reach for perspective