Foundation sessions begins with burn-out being one of the greatest challenges that our front line workers experience, this course will explore how to find that all important balance. Topics will include stress management, coping with highly emotional and difficult situations, maintaining professional detachment, and problem-solving techniques. Practical application session will explore strategies and techniques to find that all important balance.
- Professional Quality of Life tool
- Offers this free tool to assess burnout and compassion fatigue plus resources
- National Child Welfare Workforce Institute – http://www.ncwwi.org/docs/Work-related_Stress_in_Child_Welfare_Resource_List_April_2010.pdf
- Overview with lots of additional resources and tools
- Ideas to prevent burnout in child welfare – by Hunter College
- Resources part of the National Resource Center for Permanency and Family Connections.