LGBTQ Basics and Best Practice
This course will help participants to understand the language, needs, and barriers involved when working with sexual and gender minority clients. Grounded in best practices, the training allows participants to build a foundation of knowledge about the specific identities of people within the LGBTQ community, the unique needs of this population in terms of social services, and the particular barriers faced by LGBTQ clients. This training also educates human-services staff in many areas including how to apply the theories and principles to their specific practice and programming and by doing so help to create a safe and supportive environment for their LGBTQ clients.
- Transgender Emergence by Arlene Istar Lev
- Book online and free that is reference in this training for additional information
- Gay by Nature by Dr Qazi Rahman
- Article by the leading works on human sexual orientation
- American Psychological Association
- Background and historical timeline of changes regarding sexual orientation