Hours of Continuing Education Units (CEU) may be obtained by attending and participating in Child Welfare Provider Training Academy courses. It is the responsibility of the individual to be familiar with the CEU requirements of your professional license board. Licensees should retain course materials and certificates for four years for auditing purposes.
At each training, participants will receive a certificate of attendance. The certificate will include Course Title, Trainer Name, Date, Location and Number of Hours. (NOTE: hours attended will be adjusted if a participant is not present for the entire session).
Priority spaces at our LIVE training sessions are reserved for Frontline Providers, Supervisors, and Administrators in the following categories:
- Community Care
- Group Foster Care
- Family, Safety, Risk & Permanency (FSRP)
- Child Welfare Emergency Services (CWES)
- Iowa Aftercare Services Network (IASN)
- Supervised Apartment Living (SAL)
- Preparation for Adult Living (PAL)
- Recruitment and Retention of Resource Families (R&R)
Providers in the following categories are welcome to attend – as long as they do not displace those listed above:
- Behavioral Health Intervention Services (BHIS)
- Psychiatric Medical Institutes for Children (PMIC)
- Substance Abuse
- Department of Human Services Staff
RELIAS LEARNING COURSES:
Frontline Providers, Supervisors and Administrators who are registered through their agency. Contact your HR department to see if your agency is participating in Essential Learning. If your agency would like to participate in the future, please let us know!
Our Web Courses are available to any Providers, Supervisors or Administrators in any category who want to complete those courses.